This policy is effective from 24th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Your contact information such as email address
• Demographic information such as preferences and interests
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
• Any information, your name if you provide it by filling in forms on our website www.glanbia.com
• Details of any transactions or usage you carry out through our website and the fulfillment of your orders
• Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to provide you with a better service and to ensure that our website is presented in the most efficient manner for you, and in particular for the following reasons:
• For internal record keeping purposes.
• To improve our products and services.
• To provide you with information and promotional material about products, special offers or other information which you request from us or we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our products or services.
• We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
We may also use your personal information, or permit selected third parties to use your personal information, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your personal information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your information (the order form/ registration form).
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in accordance with European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Data Protection and Privacy) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2003 - 2011 and the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and, with effect from 25 May 2018, the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks & Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and any legislation enacted pursuant to the GDPR. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes and whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to:
Glanbia House, Kilkenny, Ireland.
Or phoning 056 7772200
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and, with effect from 25 May 2018, the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks & Services) (Privacy and Electronic Communications) Regulations 2011 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and any legislation enacted pursuant to the GDPR by writing to: Glanbia House, Kilkenny, Ireland.
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible at the above address or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.