This Software License Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into between Zioteria Ltd.
(which, for purposes of this Agreement, shall be deemed to include any majority owned subsidiary of Zioteria Ltd.)
(“Zioteria”), and the purchaser, licensee or user (“Licensee”) of Zioteria Software (as defined below).
The terms of this Agreement also apply to any Zioteria Software Updates, and/or Software Maintenance (as each term is defined below)
for the Zioteria software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
READ THIS LICENSE CAREFULLY. BY OPENING THE ZIOTERIA SOFTWARE PRODUCT PACKAGING AND/OR USING THE ZIOTERIA SOFTWARE, LICENSEE AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT
If Licensee does not agree to the terms of this Agreement prior to opening the Zioteria Software packaging or installing
the Zioteria Software, Licensee shall cease using (or refrain from commencing use of) the Zioteria Software, and shall,
as applicable, uninstall and/or permanently delete the Zioteria Software, Documentation (and any copies thereof) from
the computers or computer system(s) on which the Zioteria Software has been loaded or stored, and return the Zioteria
Software and Documentation, all media on which it is stored, all product packaging, and proof of payment to the Zioteria
Partner (as defined below) pursuant to such Zioteria Partner’s return policy. If Licensee does not agree to the terms of this
Agreement, and has acquired the Zioteria Software as part of a pre-configured computer system on which the Zioteria Software has
been installed, Licensee must either promptly cease using the Zioteria Software, uninstall and/or permanently delete the
Zioteria Software and Documentation (and any copies thereof) from the computer system(s) on which the Zioteria Software has
been preloaded, or return the preconfigured system pursuant to the system vendor’s return policy.
- “Commencement Date” means the ship date of the Zioteria Software from Zioteria or a Zioteria Partner to the Licensee.
- “Documentation” means the user guides, tutorials, printed instructions, reference manuals, and other explanatory materials developed by Zioteria that accompany or are stored on or in the Zioteria Software for use in connection with the Zioteria Software.
- “End User” means, as applicable, Licensee or any person or entity (including, for the avoidance of doubt, any employee or agent of Licensee) that uses the Zioteria Software.
- “Object Code” means the form of Zioteria Software wherein computer programs are assembled or compiled in magnetic or electronic binary form on software media, which are readable and usable by machines, but not generally readable by humans without reverse-assembly, reverse-compiling, or reverse-engineering.
- “Software Maintenance” means the provision of Software Updates only. Incident/telephone support is not included as part of Software Maintenance.
- “Zioteria Partner” means any Zioteria Certified Partner, reseller or distributor of Zioteria that sold or licensed the Zioteria Software to Licensee.
- “Zioteria Software” means, as applicable, the Object Code form of Zioteria Starter Kit, Zioteria Designer, Zioteria Player, Zioteria Content Manager, Zioteria Broadcast Server, Zioteria Ad Manager or such other Zioteria software products as may be identified in a purchase order from Zioteria or a Zioteria Partner, and shall be deemed to include the Documentation for such Zioteria Software, the license keys, clip art, fonts and multimedia files included in such Zioteria Software, their related software options, software extensions, software upgrades and Software Updates, and Third Party Software integrated into such identified products.
- “Software Updates” means bug fixes, documentation improvements and feature additions, including all major (i.e., numbered) and minor (i.e., point) releases, when and if made available by Zioteria.
- “Third Party Software” means software, referred to as redistributable code that is licensed to Zioteria by third party licensors for redistribution with the Zioteria Software. The redistributable code is the property of Zioteria’s licensors, and protected under United States and international copyright, trade secret or other proprietary rights laws, and international treaties.
- “Term” means any Initial Term as defined in Exhibit 1.10 or any renewal Term as mutually agreed to.
2. GRANT OF LICENSE RIGHTS
- License. Subject to the terms, restrictions and limitations set forth herein, Zioteria hereby grants to Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and terminable license to use (and to permit its End Users to use) the Object Code version of the Zioteria Software, including any Third Party Software included therein or therewith, along with any graphical, textual, pictorial, audio or visual works or materials incorporated into or delivered with the Zioteria Software, including the Documentation.
- Term. This Agreement is effective as of the date at which Licensee accepts the license terms as set forth above, and will continue for the Term indicated in Exhibit 1.10, unless terminated as provided in Sections 7.3 or 8. At the conclusion of the Term, Licensee shall either (i) renew license for an additional Term, (ii) purchase a perpetual license or (iii) cease use of the Zioteria Software, remove Zioteria Software from all computer equipment and return to all software and Documentation to the Zioteria Partner the Zioteria Software was originally acquired from.
Scope of License and Use During the Term of the Agreement
A. Internal Use. Licensee may use the Zioteria Software and Documentation only for its own internal use and only on one, single-user computer. Licensee may internally transfer the Zioteria Software to a different, single-user computer (a “Transferred Installation”), provided that the Zioteria Software and any copies thereof are permanently uninstalled and/or deleted from the computer from which the Zioteria Software is transferred.
B. Limitations. In connection with the development of content files using Zioteria Software, Licensee may publish files for playback (i) to an individual player; (ii) to an audio visual network of screens showing identical content controlled by an individual player, and (iii) for preview and approval purposes over the web or other means. Notwithstanding the above, Licensee shall not directly or indirectly, distribute or cause to be distributed over a network, content files created with Zioteria Software without also having properly licensed Zioteria Software for playback purposes.
C. Copies. Licensee may make one (1) copy of the Zioteria Software and one (1) copy of the related Documentation for archival or back-up purposes, only.
D. Third Party Software. The license granted hereunder includes the right of Licensee to use the Third Party Software in Object Code form, solely in connection with the authorized operation and use of the Zioteria Software in conformance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, Licensee may not decouple, disassemble or otherwise separate the Third Party Software from the Zioteria Software or use the Third Party Software except in connection with the use and operation of the Zioteria Software as permitted hereunder.
E. Restrictions. The Zioteria Software is licensed, not sold. For the Term of this Agreement, Zioteria only gives you some rights to use the Zioteria Software. Zioteria reserves all other rights. Unless and solely to the extent otherwise permitted under applicable law, you may use the Zioteria Software only as expressly permitted in this Agreement. Except as expressly permitted under applicable law, or as otherwise agreed to in writing by Zioteria, Licensee shall not, and shall not permit any End User to: (i) work around any technical limitations in the Zioteria Software; (ii) publish the Zioteria Software for others to copy; (iii) make more copies of the Zioteria Software than authorized under this Agreement ; (iv) sell, lease, rent, redistribute, assign, sublicense, or transfer the Zioteria Software and/or Third Party Software; (v) reproduce, decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble the Zioteria Software and/or Third Party Software; (vi) offer the use of the Zioteria Software to third parties as an application service provider, service bureau or remote-hosted service; or (vii) deliver, export, transfer or otherwise distribute the Zioteria Software acquired hereunder to, or use the Zioteria Software acquired hereunder in, a country other than the country in which the Zioteria Software was purchased (including, for the avoidance of doubt, in connection with a Transferred Installation).
3. LICENSE AND OTHER FEES
During the term of this Agreement, Licensee agrees to be bound by and pay the license fee(s) set forth in the Zioteria Software price list in effect as of the date of rental or the attached Estimate. Upon the conclusion of the Term of this Agreement, License fees for Zioteria Software and maintenance may be updated and changed at any time
- Software Maintenance Coverage. Software Maintenance is included in the rental price of the product. During the Term of this Agreement, Licensee shall be entitled to Software Updates if and when made available by Zioteria. All use of Zioteria Software provided pursuant to Software Maintenance coverage shall be subject to the terms of this Agreement.
- Taxes and Duties. Prices to Licensee do not include taxes, duties, tariffs, handling fees, or other such assessments of any nature. Whenever imposed, such assessments are payable by Licensee. Income or other taxes that are required to be paid or withheld by Licensee or Zioteria under the laws of jurisdictions other than the United States, in connection with the license and other fees paid by Licensee hereunder, are the sole obligation of Licensee and shall be exclusive of the license and other fees paid by Licensee.
- Other Services. Licensee acknowledges that any additional services offered by Zioteria, such as installation, customization or professional services, are not provided under this Agreement, and any such services to be provided by Zioteria (or, as applicable, a Zioteria Partner) shall be subject to the mutual agreement of the parties, the terms and conditions for which shall be set forth in a separate agreement.
4. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, TITLE AND COPYRIGHTS
- Licensee acknowledges that the Zioteria Software, Documentation, Software Updates, enhancements, modifications, additions, new releases of or to the Zioteria Software contain confidential information of, are trade secrets of, and are proprietary to Zioteria and its licensors and that title to such materials is and shall remain in Zioteria and its licensors, as the case may be. Licensee shall maintain in strict confidence the Zioteria confidential information, but, at a minimum, to take those precautions that it utilizes to protect its own confidential information. Licensee shall have no obligation of confidentiality with respect to information that (i) at the time of disclosure is in or becomes available to the public through no breach of this Agreement on the part of the Licensee; (ii) was lawfully in Licensee’s possession prior to receipt from Zioteria; (iii) is received independently from a third party free to lawfully disclose such confidential information to Licensee and who does not owe an obligation to Zioteria with respect to confidential information; (iv) Licensee independently develops without the benefit of any confidential information disclosed hereunder or (v) is required to be disclosed by a government agency; provided that the Licensee will use best efforts to minimize such disclosure and will notify Zioteria promptly of any such demand, order or judgment in order to permit Zioteria to seek an appropriate protective order.
- All applicable rights to patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets in the Zioteria Software and other proprietary materials are and shall remain in Zioteria and its licensors. Licensee shall not assert any right, title or interest in the Zioteria Software or other materials provided to Licensee under this Agreement, except for the limited license rights expressly granted to Licensee hereunder.
- Licensee shall not obscure or remove any copyright or other proprietary notice or legend contained on or included in the Zioteria Software and shall reproduce all such information on all copies made hereunder. Licensee shall not, directly or indirectly, disclose or distribute any technical information of Zioteria provided with or in the Zioteria Software without the prior written consent of Zioteria, which consent may be withheld at Zioteria’s sole discretion.
5. LIMITED WARRANTIES
- Media and Documentation. Zioteria warrants that if the media or Documentation is in a damaged or physically defective condition at the time the Zioteria Software is delivered to Licensee, and if such media or Documentation is returned to Zioteria within thirty (30) days of the effective date of this Agreement, Zioteria will provide Licensee with a replacement at no charge.
Software Limited Warranty and Remedy
A. Provided that Licensee is not in breach of any of its obligations under this Agreement, and in addition to the warranty set forth in Section 5.1, Zioteria warrants for a period of thirty (30) days from the Commencement Date (“Warranty Period”), that the software will substantially conform to the Documentation provided by Zioteria with the Zioteria Software. Licensee’s sole remedy and Zioteria’s and Zioteria Partner’s sole obligation under this Agreement for breach of this warranty is, at Zioteria’s sole option, (i) the remedy of the nonconformity or (ii) the authorization of a refund for the price paid for the media and or Zioteria Software by Zioteria or the Zioteria Partner from which the Zioteria Software was originally obtained. Any request for the above remedies must be made within the Warranty Period and proof of purchase (i.e., copy of the invoice or receipt) is required to be presented to Zioteria. In the event of a refund, this Agreement will immediately terminate without further notice, and Licensee will have no further rights or license to use Zioteria Software or Documentation.
B. Any replacement software or media will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or for an additional thirty (30) days whichever is longer.
C. This limited warranty is void if nonconformance of the Zioteria Software results from or is related to the (i) improper installation or operation of the Zioteria Software by or on behalf of the Licensee, (ii) failure of Licensee’s hardware or non-Zioteria software, (iii) incompatibility of such hardware and non-Zioteria software systems with Zioteria Software, (iv) alteration, modification or unauthorized integration of Zioteria Software by or on behalf of Licensee, or (v) accident, abuse or misapplication of Zioteria Software.
D. If the Zioteria Software is provided as a trial or evaluation version, the grant of the license to use the Software shall be on an “AS IS” basis and subject to the express limitations of the trial. Unless Licensee shall have entered into a separate written license agreement prior to the expiration or termination of the trial period, Licensee agrees to cease all use of the Zioteria Software provided on a trial or evaluation basis and to return such Zioteria Software, or to return any license keys and destroy or permanently delete any and all copies of such Zioteria Software.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. ZIOTERIA AND ITS LICENSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR PROMISE EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ZIOTERIA AND ITS LICENSORS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR RESULTS. ZIOTERIA AND ITS LICENSORS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE ZIOTERIA SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION WILL SATISFY LICENSEE’S REQUIREMENTS; THAT THE ZIOTERIA SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION ARE WITHOUT DEFECT OR ERROR; OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE ZIOTERIA SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER THE LAW, THE UN CONVENTION FOR THE SALE OF GOODS AND THE UNIFORM COMMERCIAL CODE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- IN NO EVENT SHALL ZIOTERIA OR ITS LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS). REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ZIOTERIA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ZIOTERIA’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS LICENSE OR THE ZIOTERIA SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE LICENSE OVER THE LAST TWELVE (12) MONTHS. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY.
- Zioteria’s Obligation. Subject to the Licensee indemnification set forth at Section 7.2 and the restrictions and limitations set forth herein, Zioteria shall indemnify and hold harmless Licensee, its officers, directors and employees from and against any costs or demands awarded against Licensee by a court of competent jurisdiction pursuant to a final judgment as a result of a claim or action by a third party against Licensee that the Zioteria Software or Documentation infringes a registered copyright, trademark, valid patent or other intellectual property right of a third party in North America, European Economic Area or Japan. The foregoing indemnity is conditioned on Licensee (i) promptly notifying Zioteria of such claim; (ii) permitting Zioteria to control the response thereto and the defence thereof, including any agreement relating to the settlement thereof, and (iii) assisting and cooperating with Zioteria, at Zioteria’s expense, in the defence or settlement thereof. Licensee may participate, at its own expense, in such defence directly or through counsel of its choice on a monitoring, non-controlling basis. Zioteria shall obtain Licensee’s prior written consent to any compromise or settlement of any claim which would require an admission of liability on the part of Licensee or which would subject Licensee to any injunction or other equitable relief. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in no event shall Zioteria or its licensors be liable to indemnify, defend, settle or hold Licensee harmless from and against any or all claims which allege infringement of intellectual property that reads upon or is infringed by a generally recognized audio, video, technology or patent standard, including without limitation MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, JPEG, DV, Flash, VC-1, AAC, AC-3, DVCPRO or AVS (each including all profiles, options, parts or levels);
- Zioteria shall have no obligation under Section 7.1, and otherwise will have no liability for, any claim of infringement caused or alleged to be caused by: (i) the use or combination of the Zioteria Software with non-Zioteria software, hardware, data, or content, including but not limited to software, hardware, data, or content of Licensee; (ii) infringement that would have been avoided without the use or combination of the Zioteria Software with other non-Zioteria software, hardware, content, or data; (iii) the presence of any alteration or modification of the Zioteria Software by Licensee or any third party acting on Licensee's behalf; or (iv) the Licensee's continuing the allegedly infringing activity after being notified thereof or after being informed and provided with modifications that would have avoided the alleged infringement.
- In the event that a claim of infringement of a valid North American, European Economic Area or Japanese software patent or copyright is made against Zioteria or Licensee or if Zioteria reasonably believes that such a claim will be made, Zioteria, at its option and in lieu of indemnification, may (a) procure for Licensee the right to use the Zioteria Software without patent or copyright infringement; (b) modify the Zioteria Software to make it non-infringing; (c) replace the Zioteria Software with substantially equivalent software that is non-infringing; or (d) direct Licensee to cease use of the Zioteria Software, and refund to Licensee a percentage of the aggregate fees received for such Zioteria Software that are the subject of such a claim, based on a five (5) year straight line depreciation
- The foregoing Sections 7.1-7.3 set forth the exclusive remedy and entire liability and obligation of Zioteria with respect to third party claims against Licensee alleging intellectual property infringement or misappropriation.
- Licensee Obligation. Except for the infringement claims set forth in Section 7.1, Licensee shall indemnify, defend and hold Zioteria, its directors, officers, agents and employees harmless from any claims, demands, or causes of action whatsoever by a third party against Zioteria arising as a result of Licensee’s use or operation of the Zioteria Software. For the avoidance of doubt, and without limiting the scope of the immediately preceding sentence, Licensee shall indemnify, defend and hold Zioteria, its directors, officers, agents and employees harmless from any third party claims, demands, or causes of action whatsoever arising from or related to the display, broadcast, reproduction, performance or other use or distribution of audio, visual, graphical and textual information developed by or on behalf of Licensee and not included in the Zioteria Software.
- By Licensee. Licensee may not terminate this Agreement during the Initial Term or Renewal Term at any time. The license fee is not refundable and Zioteria will have no obligation to refund any amounts paid by Licensee under this Agreement.
- Zioteria. Zioteria may terminate this Agreement and all licenses granted hereunder upon thirty (30) days prior written notice if Licensee fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or any Schedule to this Agreement, and such noncompliance is not cured within such thirty (30) day period.
- Return of Software. Upon any termination of this Agreement, Licensee must cease all use of the Zioteria Software, and return to Zioteria all copies of the Zioteria Software, including license keys, together with the Documentation, or shall return all license keys and certify to Zioteria’s reasonable satisfaction the destruction or permanent deletion of all copies of the Zioteria Software and Documentation from its computer systems.
- Audit Rights. Zioteria shall have the right reasonably to audit the deployment and use of the Zioteria Software by Licensee, including without limitation Licensee’s conformance with the provisions of Section 3 herein. Licensee agrees to cooperate with Zioteria’s reasonable request for access to Licensee’s computer systems to ensure Licensee’s adherence with the license terms hereunder.
- Purchase in Canada. If Licensee acquired this software for use in Canada, Licensee agrees to the following: The parties hereto have expressly required that the present Agreement and any exhibits hereto be drawn up in the English language. / Les parties aux présentes ont expressément exigé que la présente convention et ses Annexes soient rédigées en langue anglaise.
- Notices. Any notice required or permitted to be given by Licensee hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been duly given (i) upon hand delivery, (ii) on the third day following delivery to the postal service as certified mail, return receipt requested and postage prepaid, or (iii) on the first day following delivery to a recognized overnight courier service, fee prepaid and return receipt or other confirmation of delivery requested. Any such notice shall be delivered or sent to Zioteria at the address as set forth below, or to such other address as Zioteria may designate from time to time. Zioteria Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, UK, N1 7GU
NOTICE ABOUT THE MPEG-2 VISUAL STANDARD. This software may include MPEG-2 visual decoding technology. MPEG LA, L.L.C. requires this notice: USE OF THIS PRODUCT IN ANY MANNER THAT COMPLIES WITH THE MPEG 2 VISUAL STANDARD IS PROHIBITED, EXCEPT FOR USE
DIRECTLY RELATED TO (A) DATA OR INFORMATION (i) GENERATED BY AND OBTAINED WITHOUT CHARGE FROM A CONSUMER NOT THEREBY ENGAGED IN A BUSINESS ENTERPRISE, AND (ii) FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY; AND (B) OTHER USES SPECIFICALLY AND SEPARATELY LICENSED BY MPEG LA,
L.L.C. If you have questions about the MPEG-2 visual standard, please contact MPEG LA, L.L.C., 250 Steele Street, Suite 300, Denver, Colorado 80206; http://www.mpegla.com.
NOTICE ABOUT THE AVC VISUAL STANDARD. This software may include AVC visual decoding technology. MPEG LA, L.L.C. requires this notice: THIS PRODUCT IS LICENSED UNDER THE AVC PATENT PORTFOLIO LICENSE FOR THE PERSONAL AND NONCOMMERCIAL USE OF A
CONSUMER TO (i) ENCODE VIDEO IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AVC STANDARD (“AVC VIDEO”) AND/OR (ii) DECODE AVC VIDEO THAT WAS ENCODED BY A CONSUMER ENGAGED IN A PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY AND/OR WAS OBTAINED FROM A VIDEO PROVIDER LICENSED TO PROVIDE AVC
VIDEO. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED OR SHALL BE IMPLIED FOR ANY OTHER USE. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM MPEG LA, L.L.C. SEE http://www.mpegla.com
A. United States Sales. If you acquired the Zioteria Software in the United States, Pennsylvania state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles.
B. Sales Outside the United States. If you acquired the Zioteria Software in any other country outside the United States, the laws of the country of the majority-owned Zioteria subsidiary that sold the Zioteria Software to you applies, regardless of such country’s conflicts of law provisions.
- Legal Effect. This Agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your state or country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the Zioteria Software. This Agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your state or country if the laws of your state or country do not permit it to do so.
- U.S. Government Restricted Rights Legend. The Zioteria Software, hardware, and Documentation provided under this Agreement bear restricted rights. Use, duplication, or disclosure by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c)(1)(ii) of the rights in technical data and computer software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013 or subparagraphs (c)(1) and (2) of the Commercial Computer Software Restricted Rights clause at 48 CFR 52.277-19, as applicable.
- Assignment. Neither party may assign any rights, duties, obligations or privileges under this Agreement without the prior written consent of the other party. A change of control or ownership shall not be deemed to be an assignment under this Section so long as the new owner has expressly assumed in writing all of the duties and obligations of the assignor and further provided, that Licensee shall remain liable and responsible to Zioteria (and its licensors) for the performance and observance of all such duties and obligations.
- Severability. Should any part or provision of this Agreement be held unenforceable or in conflict with the law of any jurisdiction, the validity of the remaining parts or provisions shall not be affected by such holding.
- Limitation on Effect of Waiver. Failure on the part of Zioteria to exercise, or Zioteria’s delay in exercising, any of Zioteria’s rights hereunder shall not be construed as a waiver or waiver of other breaches of this Agreement. Any single or partial exercise by a party of any right shall not preclude any other or future exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right in the Agreement.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement contains the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the transactions contemplated and supersedes any prior agreements or understandings among the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement may be amended only by a writing that refers to this Agreement and is signed by both parties.
- Export Law Assurances. Licensee acknowledges that the Zioteria Software included herewith is subject to restrictions and controls imposed under the U.S. Export Administration Act and Canadian Exportation Laws. Licensee must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. Licensee hereby expressly agrees to defend, hold harmless and indemnify Zioteria, its directors, officers, and employees, from any claim, suit or dispute alleging that Licensee has exported the Zioteria Software in violation of any domestic or international export laws.
- Construction. The headings in this Agreement are for convenience of the parties only. They do not constitute a portion of this Agreement and shall not be used in interpreting the construction of this Agreement.
- Third Party Beneficiary. Licensee hereby agrees that the licensors of Third Party Software shall be considered third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and shall be entitled to bring a direct action against Licensee in the event of breach of any applicable provisions of this Agreement, pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Force Majeure. Neither party shall be in default if failure to perform any obligation hereunder is caused solely by unforeseen supervening conditions beyond that party’s reasonable control, which could not have been prevented by the non-performing party’s reasonable precautions, commercially accepted processes or substitute services, including acts of God, civil disturbances, strikes and labour disputes.
- Negation of Agency and Similar Relationships. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be deemed to create an agency, joint venture or partnership relationship.